We are happy to announce the 5th annual UK Semiconductor Nanowires Meeting, which is being held on Tuesday 21st May 2019 at Corpus Christi College, Oxford.
Scope: This one-day meeting brings together UK-based groups who are researching III-V and/or III-N nanowires, and is designed to provide an overview of the latest nanowires research from across the UK. The objective of this meeting is to facilitate better collaboration, help generate new ideas and to enable a coordinated approach to complete with international programmes. The scientific program will consist of invited talks by a selection of group leaders and a poster session will run throughout the day. Postdoctoral fellows and graduate students are strongly encouraged to present posters.
Program (available for download):
- 10:00 – Arrival, Tea and Coffee
- 10:15 – Welcome and Meeting Introduction
- 10:30 – Ana Sanchez (Warwick) – Electron Microscopy for Nanowires (TBC)
- 10:50 – Jessica Boland (Manchester) – Exploring the nanoscale: near-field terahertz microscopy on topological insulator nanowires
- 11:10 – David Mowbray (Sheffield) – Optical spectroscopy of GaAs nanostructures in GaAsP nanowires
- 11:30 – Chennupati Jagadish (Australian National University) – Semiconductor Nanowires for Optoelectronics and Energy Applications
- 11:50 – Philip Shields (Bath) – III-N core-shell nanowire light emitters and wafer-scale nanopatterning via displacement Talbot lithography for nanowires
- 12:10 – Hannah Joyce (Cambridge) – Engineering the photoresponse of III-V nanowires
- 12:30 – Posters and Networking
- 13:15 – Lunch (The Hall, Corpus Christi College)
- 14:30 – Michael Johnston (Oxford) – Nanowire Based Terahertz Devices
- 14:50 – Huiyun Liu (UCL) – National Epitaxy Facility and III-V/Si nanowire activities at UCL
- 15:10 – Patrick Parkinson (Manchester) – Optical methodologies for nanowire laser characterization
- 15:30 – Posters, Afternoon Tea and Networking
- 16:00 – Close of Meeting
Venue: MBI Al Jaber Auditorium, Corpus Christi College, Merton Street Oxford, OX1 4JF
Date: Tuesday 21 May 2019, 10am- 4pm
Registration: £40 for speakers, poster presentation or attendees. This fee includes the meeting, break refreshments and lunch at Corpus Christi.
Register online at: https://www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/conferences-and-events/physics/events/uk-nanowire-meeting
Accomodation and travel: If you require overnight accomodation, the following site may be useful – University Rooms. The venue is a 20 minute walk from the railway station. There is no easy parking on site, and park-and-ride is preferable.
Sponsorship/Exhibitor: Quantum Design UK will be exhibiting at this event.
Chairs: Dr. Patrick Parkinson (Manchester), Prof. Michael Johnston (Oxford)